A business card splashes the information of a company or an individual. It acts as a memory aid which is exchanged during formal introduction between an individual or a company head.
A business card should posses the following information regarding a company or an individual:
- Contact Address
- Contact Number
- Email Address
- Fax Number
Nowadays it may also include twitter, LinkedIn, facebook address.
There are different types of business cards depending on the field of business or the designation of an individual. You can make a business card for small scale business or a well-established business enterprise. The different kinds of a business card that I remember are for technical, marketing, hair cutting, saloon, yoga class, gym, bank, school, food, restaurant, cold drink etc.
You know the fact that designing a business card which stands out of the crowd will impress the person with whom you are exchanging it. So, a few admonitions to follow while designing your business card:
- Sensitize Card Design – Always design your card in a manner that it adds some sense to your profession. A business card is a very important medium which will showcase the business contact/address of a businessman/ an individual. Now, just imagine if you showcase your business skill in a small smart business card then the impact that you will create on your customer is huge. So, always design a business card which is worth exchanging.
- Make it pragmatic – If your business card is a kind which is useful then there is less chance that anyone would throw it. If your business card throws an impact on the person to whom you have handed, then there is less chance of your business card to be in the dustbin The main motto of a businessman while exchanging a business card is to advertise the business to an extent that when the user/client is in need of the specified business then the client surely contacts the businessman or the individual.
- Make it awe – A business card should be impressive. When a business card is exchanged it should be so attractive that the client gets interested in cracking a deal with you. Design a business card in such a way that it shouldn’t be heavy or oversized.
- Recycle your business card – You can recycle the old business card to a new form by your creativity. A business card is a brand ambassador of your business so always keep in mind your business brand and recycle/reinvent with changing time. Each person should design a card which is one of a kind that exists in the market. A hand-to-hand exchange of business card should leave a long lasting impression with the person who has owned your business card.
- A business card should deliver a meaningful message – The kind of business a person wants to brandish depends on the way of designing it. A meaningful business card is something a client likes to carry. So you should always keep in mind while designing a business card that it should deliver a meaningful message. This way of endorsing a business will surely be effective. It will always brandstand in the market.
- Caution – Always be cautious when you design a business card. It is a small brand ambassador of your business/of an individual. A small mistake can lead you to a big loss. So, always double check your design and then get it printed.
- Download a smart business card – If you are among those people who are not having additional time to spend designing a new business card then don’t worry, you can download the most appropriate business card for advertising your business. This is a cost-effective and time saving procedure any businessman/individual can follow. Here are some sites from where you can download creative and unique business cards: zopgraphics.com, 365psd.com, freepik.com.
Few examples of the innovative business card that I would like to share with you:
- A telecommunication engineer designed a business card on a printed circuit board(PCB) which works as a USB device. When this business card/USB PCB business card is plugged in, it will give additional information of the owner. It was sensible as well as a useful approach by the telecommunication engineer to brandish his skills.
- Another innovative approach in which a yoga mat gave all the contact details regarding the yoga classes. A rolled yoga mat was a clever approach from the designer’s side.
- Bentply- a mini bent plywood chair designed to unfurl the furniture showroom.
- A musical comb was designed which played fruitful musical theme when rubbed by a fingernail. This musical comb was to advertise a hair salon.
A businessman always searches for change, responds to it and exploits it as an opportunity. So, following the indispensable suggestions that I provided you, you can exchange your business card and create a great impact on the client.
by Urvi Patel